Michael A. Covington

Default There are lots of PDF Service Manuals available at...

You can set your browser not to play sounds or animations (and I do).

That doesn't keep me from thinking that superfluous music and animation are
annoying. That's why I turn them off.

Often they *seriously* distract from the purported purpose of the web page.

There's also the copyright problem. Probably 90% of the web site music that
I've heard is clearly taken from copyrighted media.

"L." wrote in message
news
Many web sites have music or other effects. It's the chance you take when
you log into one. If you (the poster who was bitching) don't like it, then
maybe you shouldn't surf! I have yet to see ANY web site issue a

"CAUTION -
MUSIC AND/OR GRAPHICS" MAY PLAY WHILE LOADING AND RUNNING" What's the big
deal? Maybe it isn't Pop/Top 40/Rap/Blues or whatever your taste may

be.....
but that's the breaks. DAMNED. I can think of much more important issues

bitch about that some silly thing like that. IF they offer a product you
need, and you refuse to buy simply because they played music in the
background, no one is being hurt but you. Are you that bent out of shape
about the music if someone should send you a Musical E-Card?????? I get

them
all the time. NO BIG DEAL. As long as it isn't a virus, I don't give a

crap.

L.

"MrManuals" wrote in message
More Manuals at http://www.manuals4you.com

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 08:31:45 -0400, "Leonard Caillouet"
wrote:

Why is playing music on your sound card any different from playing

video
on
your graphics card? It is not like Tom is creating pop-up windows or
anything.

Actually he is a pretty good guy IME. Not a bad curve tracer for the

price
either.

Leonard

"Norm Dresner" wrote in message
"Thomas P. Gootee" wrote in message
Service Manuals, in PDF format:

There are lots of SERVICE MANUALS, for electronic test equipment,

and
comms radios, etc etc, in PDF format, available at:

http://www.fullnet.com/u/tomg/manuals.htm

Nobody -- and I mean NOBODY -- who plays "music" on my sound card

without
my
permission has ever gotten my business.

N O B O D Y ! ! !