Colin Wilson

Default Plumbing shock

We had a famous company (or rather their sub-contractors) fit our kitchen
back in November.

Name and shame !

Apparently (I was not in, my partner was) it had been connected, but due to
some poor welding in the original copper pipes along with a blockage, the
plumbing from the sink has become separated.
I have a couple of questions if that's okay:
1. Is that explanation likely to be accurate?

Doubt it, but hey, i`m not a plumber (and neither was he by the sounds of
it !)

2. Is it likely that any long-term damage could have been caused? Should I
get a professional opinion?

I`d be asking the shop to pay for a proper surveyor (of your choosing !)

Did you pay for any of it by credit card ? The card issuer might be
jointly liable for any failures under the terms of the consumer credit
act.

Personally I think this one should go straight to uk.legal.moderated !