jetgraphics

Default US homes vulnerable to Tornados ( wooden), why not use concrete?

Joseph wrote:

I noticed that US citizens build their homes from wood even though
they are extremely vulnerable to Tornados, after the victims` homes
has been destroyed by tornados, people rebuild their homes from wood
again.
Isn`t that a foolish thing to do?

Yes, but...

So I am wondering why people continue to build homes in USA from wood
when obviously they will be destroyed in a Tornado.
It is obviously a risky thing to do as they put their lives & their
families` lives in danger doing this, especially in regions where
Tornados occurs.

Yes, but...

Let me know please why US citizens continue to build their homes from
wood.

Inertia of the home construction industry, coupled with inertia of the
bureaucratic building code enforcement, coupled with marketing tastes,
coupled with tax incentives, and economic expediency (wood was initially
cheaper) explains most of the practice of building with wood. One more
thing - remodeling is easier with wood frame construction.

Thomas Edison was fond of concrete so much that he designed and built forms
for pouring a concrete house. Unfortunately, they were too expensive for
the times. And the fact that it's difficult to remodel and upgrade stopped
further exploration.

WHY DOLORES CHUMSKY HATES THOMAS EDISON
http://flyingmoose.org/truthfic/edison.htm

http://www.worldwideschool.org/libra...on/chap49.html

I personally like concrete for walls, as in concrete sandwich construction
(concrete - insulation - concrete). 3-D Panel, for example:
http://www.blockmex.com/

For floors and decks, I like CEMPO:
http://www.cempo.com/

But few homes in the USA are built with these products.