Stuart

Default Drum seized, back welded

On 13 Jan 2004 08:48:19 -0800, (N. Thornton) wrote:

Hi.

Washing machine drum has seized solid, no movement at all.
Unfortunately the outer casing back is welded in place, not
unscrewable, making drum removal practically impossible as far as I
can see. Theres a 7" or so porthole in the back where the drum main
bearing is.

Is it possible to replace this main bearing from this porthole, ie
without removing or opening the drum? If so I'm in luck. If not, any
other ideas welcome! I've repaired washing machines but havent done
bearing replacement before.

Its a Hotpoint Ultima WM71, European style front loader.

Also any recommendations on part suppliers would be good, as I dont
fix washers for a living. I'm in Britain.

Thanks, NT

Does the top not come off like my old Zanussi
Stuart

--

"YESTERDAY is history,TOMORROW is a mystery,TODAY is a gift

That is why it is called the present "