BillR

Default What length ladder and best place to buy them?

David Hearn wrote:
True - though we have a very long garage to store the ladders in. If
they break into that then they'd have a lot of tools to be able to
drill out the locks if they wanted - so I'm not too worried about
storing ladders in it.

As for hiring - I've put off getting a ladder for a while and have a
number of jobs I want to do and they always seem to come to mind
either in the evenings or at weekends and usually would only take
less than an hour to do. Hiring one each time something came up (or
continuing to put them off until I had enough to justify hiring one)
would be a pain for me.

Thanks though for the advice, I hadn't actually thought of hiring one
and it may be something worth considering.

None of my neighbours have ladders but I do.
Allour gutters regularly need cleaning out because of all the sodding trees
we have around here.
I don't formally charge them to do it but its known that I'm partial to wine
or whiskey :-)
They'd pay the window cleaner 20 quid to do it but his ladder won't reach..