Brigitte J.

Default US homes vulnerable to Tornados ( wooden), why not use concrete?

"user" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:08:24 -0500, Brigitte J.

wrote:

"v" wrote in message
On 12 Jul 2004 02:45:54 -0700, someone wrote:

In my country Mauritius, (a small Indian Ocean Island) we have several
Cyclones every year during the rainy season...

Cyclones = our hurricanes. They do not equal tornados. Wooden home
built to US standards withstand hurricanes/cyclones very easily. A
cyclone effects your entire country. The US is vast and any one spot
will not be hit by a tornado in a centuries. It is like asking why
don't people armor their roofs since sometimes things fall off of
airplanes.

I saw movies depicting Tornados in USA (Twister & another one I can`t
remember the name), as well as documentaries.

Don't you realize movies are exaggerated fantasies, and documentaries
highlight unusual events?

Are people native English speakers in your country? Because you post
better than half the Americans here.

-v.

I'm impressed that you know the citizenship of everyone that posts here.

It's usually more than obvious from the email address, alone.
I doubt you'll find many U.S. residents posting from a .uk
or a .ch address, for example.

- Rich

But knowing where their messages originate doesn't tell you where they're
originally from, or their native tongue.

Brigitte