Bill Seurer

Default US homes vulnerable to Tornados ( wooden), why not use concrete?

Joseph wrote:
It also showed that at times several Tornados occured at the same time
in a single region just like in Twister.
So this made me think that there are such situations in the USA.

They do indeed occur. However, they are extremely rare and if one
happens a decade that's a lot.

Remember, the US is REALLY HUGE and most of it is empty of humans by the
standards of other countries, especially where a lot of tornadoes occur.
I drove across South Dakota with a friend of mine from Germany and he
was stunned when for long stretches we saw no sign of people other than
the road and a few other cars.

Some statistics from 1950 to 1999:

Most tornado deaths in one year: 519 (1953)
Average: 82
Fewest tornado deaths in one year: 15 (1986)

To put that in perspective there are about 40,000 deaths in automobile
accidents a year in the US and about 100,000 accidental deaths by all
causes.