SoCalMike

Default Why buy a house?

Yep. When DH and I were at that point in our mortgage, our monthly payment
on a 2,200 square foot house in a nice suburban neighborhood was $314,

probably seemed like a decent amount of money at the time. im not
bitching about the $627/mo i pay, because in 10 or 20 years of increased
income and inflation, that $627 will look like beer money.

some people i know moved out of their condo they bought in the late 70's
and left it to their kids. the kids have to come up with a whopping
$250/mo to pay the mortgage. they could work at mc donalds part time and
still live well, if they wanted.