Lou

Default Why buy a house?

"Don K" wrote in message
"victor" wrote in message

news
2. "You're throwing rent money down the toilet." True. In all
likelihood, your mortgage payment will be twice your rent. By the time
you pay it off, you'll be drinking Ensure, wearing Depends, and too old
to maintain the house.

Not necessarily. You don't have to wait until you own it free and clear
to recover your money. I resold my first house 10 years after I bought
it and got back every penny in taxes, principal, interest, and maintenance
I had ever put into it. ...And then some.

As did I. And that's before considering tax savings. And the mortgage,
etc. was cheaper over those ten years than the rent on my last apartment to
boot.