Default Why buy a house?

SoCalMike wrote:

now, if walmart is so draconian that they threaten to fire you if you
dont transfer, well, theyre a sucky company anyway.

Upper store management transfers are common in the "big box" stores. The first
time I ran across it was back in the early 1970s, when a K-Mart manager told me
he would be moving soon bacause of such a policy. The concept, from what I was
told, is that the managers don't have the opportunity to set up long term scams
with employees, and can't get buddy enough with local vendors to work out
kickbacks. How much of that is true, I don't know. Changing just for the sake
of change does suck, and it keeps the manager more dependent upon the company.

However, in defense of management moves, I do know that in theatres there would
always be some manager that was under-utilized and another that was screwing up
at a larger location, requiring a swap, or a termination, move, and rehire.
Often the manager we wanted to move was happy to do so because of increased
wages or commissions, but sometimes the move was declined, in which case the
manager's growth within the company was dead-ended.