Default Why buy a house?

"Travis Jordan" wrote:

Unfortunately, Amendment 10 only caps the ASSESSED VALUATION of
homesteaded property. The millage RATE isn't capped. If the property
tax decreases for homeowners across the state by an estimated $611 each
the cities and counties will raise the millage rate to make up for the
lost revenue. You are correct that some locales may find it more
politically popular to raise sales taxes.

Right. I understood that, and yes, I expect the sales tax will increase along
with a small increase in property taxes. Where did you get the $611 figure? I
had estimated the impact as less than that, based on our local rate.