Jonathan Pearson

Default Kitchen Floor Units and Granite - Secure before template ?

ANt wrote:
Hi all...

the Kitchen project moves a little further on :-)

...should the Floor Units be secured before the Granite is templated
and fitted (too allow template to be based on fixed parameters)...or
after (to allow the units to be adjusted to the bit that won't budge)
?

Fitter says secure after Granite.....Granite guy says secure before
:-)

Having just gone through the process of templating and fitting our own
granite worktops, I'd follow the advice of the granite supplier, and secure
first, our supplier used a CNC milling machine and as such the granite was
the exact shape of the template, thus make sure that your templates are
exact i.e follow any out of aligned walls, have correct overhang, have
rounded corners templated, sink / tap holes etc. Our supplier even went to
the trouble of making sure that the upper and lower chamfer (square &
chamfer edge) on an internal cornered joint matched the corresponding one on
the other slab.

Other things to note, is that granite is unbelievably heavy, so make sure
units are well fixed to wall / well supported.

Jon