Lawrence

Default Bosch-Worcester Greenstar issue

Oh thanks for the delights of oil boilers where. I have no PCB in
sight just a handfull of interwired thermostats and switches. I lie
probably, there is a high voltage source in the burner itself and some
sequencing logic.

I like the KISS principle.

Good luck.

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:21:51 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Are you sure it is not just a rotary control, i.e. to the electrnics
world a potentiometer. Has it a screwdriver slot in the top? If so
small screwdriver and gently turn.

No. It is a little yellow dot that doubles as the pointer for the
temperature control. I suspect is has a protruding lug that prevents the
pointer being turned past 75C. By reversing the dot, I suspect the alleged
lug will no longer prevent the pointer being turned. The slot is in the edge
of the insert supposedly to give something for your screwdriver to grip on
when prising it out. It's a weird concept anyway, especially as there is a
software setting to limit the temperature as well. Both have to be set to
get 75C water.

Christian.

Lawrence

usenet at lklyne dt co dt uk