Andy Hall

Default Kitchen Floor Units and Granite - Secure before template ?

On 13 Jan 2004 04:05:33 -0800, (ANt) wrote:

Hi all...

the Kitchen project moves a little further on :-)

...should the Floor Units be secured before the Granite is templated
and fitted (too allow template to be based on fixed parameters)...or
after (to allow the units to be adjusted to the bit that won't budge)
?

Fitter says secure after Granite.....Granite guy says secure before
:-)

Ant.

With mine, the units were secured and then the templating was done and
granite fitted. That worked well.

My contract was with the kitchen design/installation company and they
subcontracted the worktops. In that sense I was less concerned
because they were taking responsibility for the whole project.

If they were separate agreements I would have taken the advice of the
granite supplier. Intuitively this sounds right anyway because there
isn't the scope to trim granite as there might be with chipboard.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl