Jeff

Default How to make new concrete attach to old concrete

yes

--
Jeff Samborski
http://www.lamsam.com
"JW" wrote in message
om...
Can you tell me what is the bond agent you talked about ? Is it
something readily available in home depot ?

"kenny blankenship" wrote in message

use liquid bonding agent
"JW" wrote in message
om...
I need some help.

I have a concrete front porch where at the side a 3 steps stairs was
formed when the concrete porch was built. I want to pour concrete to
fill this 'hole' which served as stairs and then install stairs at the
other side of the porch. I plan to use some plywood to build a form
to shape the concrete so nobody will know there used to be a stairwell
right there.

My question is, how do I make sure the new concrete will stick to the
old concrete ? How do I make sure it won't split apart after a few
years ? My neighbour suggested using a brute breaker to make the
stairs surface rough so it might bond with new concrete easier. Or
should I add re-bars ?

Thanks in advance if some knowledable individual can help me with
this.