stuart noble

Default What length ladder and best place to buy them?

Tony Williams wrote in message ...
Our house has similar heights to reach and I have a 24ft
double extending ladder. 24ft is just about adequate but
I wish now that I had bought a longer 3-section ladder.
This would have provided just that extra overlap, and the
shorter single sections could be more useful for other jobs.

Mine's 3x10ft. Just over £100 from a local ladder shop. Easy to carry and
push up to a decent height (unlike the hired ones). I use the Abru stand off
for most jobs. Creates a better working position and, with a plank across,
gives you a useful shelf. Fix a length of 2" x 2" to the stand off and you
can work comfortably above window openings.