PoP

Default What length ladder and best place to buy them?

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:59:04 +0000, chris French
wrote:

I'd also want to allow for say 1/2 metre above the gutter as something
to hold onto etc. when working.

This topic reminds me of a situation a few years ago.....

I worked on the 2nd floor of an office building, and the ceilings were
quite high on each floor. I don't know how high off the ground this
was, but it looked high enough to me to fully deploy a parachute on
the way down.

One day a ladder appeared at the window - it was high enough to reach
the bottom of the window, but not the top. A few seconds later a chap
reaches the top of the ladder, and stands on the top couple of rungs
without any support at all to clean the windows. Then back down again.

I watched him do other windows around the building and felt quite
sick, I don't like heights. As he went up and down that ladder (at
breakneck speed in my opinion - quite literally!) the thing was
bouncing back and forth like the infamous Millennium bridge on
steroids.

I don't know how people can do this sort of job!

PoP

If you really must use the email address provided
with my newsreader please be aware that the email
is processed with spamcop. As a result your email
to me might be treated as spam!