Sneezy

Default Crap soundproofing in new house (recourse to law ?)

"Richard" wrote in
:

All I know is that I have a brand new (timber framed) house and I
can't hear a peep out of next door. Whatever the building regs are
you shouldn't be able to hear what would be considered normal every
day sounds, so if you can hear talking then there is a problem.

Yes - a pretty big problem I think. Building Regs are what I need on
my side though regardless of whether the average person agrees with
you & I as to what is reasonable or not.

From a DIY point of view, the only real solution to this problem is
another layer of plasterboard on the terraced side of every adjoining
room (and all the upheaval hassle that will cause) ... correct ??

I seem to remember reading something about soundproofing. I think it was in
yesterday's Times. Less than a £1000 for one wall I think it said. It
naturally recommended against DIY on the basis that the "professionals" use
better materials. Informative article.

john