Andy Hall

Default URGENT Leaking hot water cylinder (pressurised) HELP

On 12 Jan 2004 11:23:48 -0800, (RJ) wrote:

Not "that" red thing - I know that!

The thing in top-left corner on the top of the cylinder. It has an
electrical connector to it and I can't work it out. Its on the end of
a T for the boiler in/return.

I was going to say it's an immersion heater. The make is right and
the shape of the top is like an immersion heater cover. However,
from enlarging one of the photos it appears that it says 240v 3A.
An immersion heater would normally be 13A or more. Also I wouldn't
expect it to be located as described.

Where does the other end of its lead go? To a terminal box along
with the lead from the cylinder thermostat?

If so, then it's possibly a flow switch, pressure switch or thermostat
or something like that.

Pandora is looking more & more likely. Any other alternatives worth
checking out?

You could look at what Albion has....
..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl