Toby

Default Crap soundproofing in new house (recourse to law ?)

Richard wrote:
Before I phone them up to complain, does anyone here know whether
house builders have to ensure at least a reasonable level of
soundproofing between houses by law ?? After all, I could easily
prove that my wife & I would be unable to have a "private"
conversation in that room and surely we can all expect privacy in our
own home. Any thoughts ??

The Approved Documents which form the basis for the building regulations are
your friend. Sound insulation requirements are covered in Part E of Schedule
1 from:
http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou...hcst?n=259&l=3

--
Toby.