Dr. Hardcrab

Default Water baseboard heat will not stop

www.yellowpages.com

We can't fix it over the internet.

And why it everyone that has a problem goes out and buys a new thermostat
thinking that will solve the problem???

"David" wrote in message
.196...
We have a gas boiler heating system with three zones. 1st zone is for
the downstairs, 2nd zone is for the upstairs and the 3rd zone is for
heating the hot water.

We are currently having problems with the 2nd zone in that it is keeping
the upstairs at 76 degrees. I have recently replaced the thermostat
upstairs and set it at 45 degrees. But the temperature still remains at
76.

But then for a week or so it seemed like when we turned the downstairs
heat off, the upstairs would turn off also. But yesterday and today we
turned the heat all the way down downstairs and the upstairs pipes
remained hot.

One thing of note, is that prior to replacing the mercury thermostat
with a digital thermostat, I did move the thermostats control up and
down (with the cover off) and did not see any sparks when the merury
made contact with the wires to start the heating process.

Hopefully someone out there can help us out. We don't want to be frying
in the middle of summer and having the ac compete with the heater.

Thanks in advance,
David