Steve Loft

Default Stuck stopcock

stuart noble wrote:

I'd say it's the water board's property, and only they can touch it/break
it. And if it's your only way of turning the water off, they should do it
for free. Thames Water did this for a neighbour of ours but I don't think he
had an internal stopcock at all (or more likely couldn't find it).

It's definitely mine - it's mentioned in the deeds.

I did phone them and say I had several dripping taps to fix (which is
true) thinking that they would send someone round to turn off the water
FOC in the interests of water conservation, but they say I should get a
plumber.
--
Steve Loft
Wanlockhead, Dumfriesshire. 1417ft ASL