Dave Plowman

Default Flat roof in Western Scotland - your opinion please

In article ,
BillR wrote:
I wouldn't have a flat roof even on my small extension in southern
England because I saw so many people had problems with them..

No roof lasts for ever. A well designed 'flat' roof can have an acceptable
one.

It noticable that the local council has put pitched roofs on many of its
older blocks of flats around here... They look so much better too.
Flat roofs may be ok in e.g. Greece but not in northern europe.

I had no option with my attic room conversion since I wanted more usable
floor space than a pitched roof could provide. The important thing with a
felted flat roof is to make it so water doesn't lie. This requires skilled
design and construction. And of course then it's not really a flat
roof. ;-)

--
*If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn