Andrew Gabriel

Default Power Cuts/Generators yet again

In article ,
"Dave Liquorice" writes:
On 12 Jan 2004 01:28:05 GMT, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
I bought one from Maplin a while back when it was on special
offer (£12 IIRC). I compared it with a true power meter,
and there are some load types for which it wasn't very accurate.

Well I wouldn't expect a precision instrument for £20. B-)
I have an "Econometer" bought about 10 years ago which is pretty good
for loads above 100W or so but anything less is is decidely doubtful.
What is the minimum power this one says it'll measure?

I don't think it says. The display goes down to 0.00W.
Just tried a few wall-wart PSU's in it with no load on them.
Two registered 7W (but are clearly nothing like that), and
a third registered 0W.

--
Andrew Gabriel