Cooper

Default Need advice! WRONG GRANITE TOP WAS INSTALLED IN MY KITCHEN!!

I am a new homebuyer, I bought a brand new home from Signature
Properties. It is a brand new home so I was able to select all the
flooring, cabinetry, countertops, etc. I saw the preliminary
completed home today for the first time and noticed that the granite
isn't the granite I picked out (and paid $4,000 for). The granite I
picked out had clear speckles of red. This granite is all shades of
brown. It is clearly the wrong granite.

My question is...what do I do? I have the official inspection with
the official person in a few weeks. I can clearly show by getting a
picture of the slab I chose that this is the wrong granite.

Has anybody had experience with how to handle this? The granite that
they installed is pretty and frankly I wouldn't mind it, but I would
prefer to have the one I selected. Should I ask them to discount the
price to avoid having them reinstall (and push back the escrow date)?
If so, by how much?

Any advice would be appreciated.