Michael Chare

Default Flat roof in Western Scotland - your opinion please

"none none" wrote in message

Also, what should I look for in a flat roof to put my mind at rest?

My house has has a partly flat roof, when this inevitably failed I used some
high performance roofing felt which I managed to find, rather than the regular
stuff. I also used block board rather than chipboard underneath.

My roof is covered with little stones, I think to stop the sun getting at the
felt. If I find any stones in the gutter I always put them back

Whilst having a guarantee is reassuring, the thought of having to decorate
after each leak appears is not particularly appealing...

Luckily there is a small hole in my ceiling, when one day I found water coming
through, I got the roof fixed pretty quickly. So there was no internal damage.
Not a DIY job!

Michael Chare