IMM

Default URGENT Leaking hot water cylinder (pressurised) HELP

"RJ" wrote in message
om...
IMM & Andy

Without taking the pi$$ too much - do you have any make/models of
tanks you think may suffice that I could research more to see if its
in my capabilities? My research suggests its doable if a little
complex...

Christian on this ng has just installed a DPS Pandora heat bank. Do a
Google on Pandora. and look at it on http://www.heatweb.com. No overflow
is required. You fill it up with hose and add the appropriate inhibitor.

The same pipes you have around the kaput unvented cylinder just need
connecting to the heat bank. flow and return from the boiler, to the flow
and return of the heat bank. The Pandora has an integral heating coil just
like the unvented cylinder. The cold feed from the cold mains to the cold
mains feed of the heat bank. The hot draw-off pipe at the top of the
unvented cylinder is the DHW outlet on the heat bank. Forget the overflow
pipe as it is not applicable. The wiring can be advised by the heat bank
makers. Get one with a back up immersion heat, they supply them fitted and
fit the thermostat too.

---