Paul Shinn

Default Countrywide Home Loans - Problem with Escrow Account

D. Gerasimatos wrote:
:
: I am a very happy Countrywide customer, but that aside...
:
:
: Why don't you take care of the impounds yourself?

How easy is it to get rid of the impound account? I refinanced with
Countrywide last year and they calculated the impound account on only
half of the year's taxes so this year my payments went up. I have no
beef with them but I'd like to handle the impound myself. The refi
came with an impound account so I don't know if I can get out of it
easily.

Thanks, Paul