S Viemeister

Default Flat roof in Western Scotland - your opinion please

none none wrote:

I in the process of putting down an offer for a house in the (always wet)
west of Scotland.

The only concern I have is that the roof of the entire house (4 bed) if
flat. The owners assured me that the roof has been done up completely
earlier this year, and the work carries a 10-year guarantee. So far, so good
(my solicitor will put that as a condition to the offer).

There's a reason for the steep angle of the traditional roofstyle in the
northwest. I wouldn't be at all happy with a flat roof.

Sheila, in NorthWest Sutherland