Gini

Default Countrywide Home Loans - Problem with Escrow Account

"Richard" wrote in message
Towards the middle of 2002 I decide to take advantage of the lower

interest
rates on homes. I had also remarried and wanted to make sure my new spouse
was on the title. The original mortgage was with Countrywide Home Loans (a
division of Treasury Bank N.A.) who has offices in the same building with
General Homes, the folks who built my house. I called Countrywide up and
discussed the options and finally started the ball rolling. On October

28th
2002 we signed the paperwork at the title company to refinance the house

for
15 years at 6%.

The first sign that something was wrong was when I received a notice my
escrow account was over $1300.00 short and my monthly payment was going

from
$999.22 to $1216.51. I was alarmed at this sudden rise in the payment and
contacted Countrywide.

==
We have a mortgage with Chase Manhattan. It is not uncommon for our escrow
payment
to change yearly, however it is always in the neighborhood of $25.00.
Perhaps
you should compare rates with other insurers.
==