Michael Roback

Default Dishwasher Install

My run from the Dishwasher to the hookup is about 9 feet! I need to run
extra long drain hose and water supply. Here is what I was planning and
tell me if I am wrong. I was going to use soft flexible copper for the
water supply and flare it at each end and connect a flare nut to the water
supply on the dishwasher and the other to the angle stop. Would another
material be easier? If not, do I use 3/8" or 1/2"* and do I need any
particular type of washer in the flare nut prior to *cinching" or just
teflon the threads?

Secondly, for the drain line. Can't I just cut an extra long length of
rubber hose? What size do I use 5/8" or 3/4"?? Just clamp onto dishwasher
connection and on drain connection on garbage disposal?

Lastly, Can I wire a plug into the dishwasher and plug it into the GFI that
I installed behind it or does it have to be hardwired in?

Thanks, I have never this before.