John D

Default HOA giving grief about fence

It might help if you could get all the neighbors within viewing distance of
the fence to sign a petition saying your fence color is ok with them. Than,
very nicely, ask the board to approve your fence color. Ass kissing and
groveling may be neccessary. It's the price of HOA liveing. Otherwise, paint
the fence whatever color they want.
"ted" wrote in message
om...
Hi,
Please help us in our new 'situation'. Our HOA is giving us grief over
our fence color. We painted our fence a light oak color stain TWO AND
HALF years ago. The HOA sent us a notice yesterday saying the color is
unacceptable. Our brick color is gray. They said the color of the
fence should go with the color of the brick. And they suggested GRAY
color for our fence.

I think this is ridiculous. First of all, why should I paint my fence
gray and make it look hidious.

We painted it oak color because that matched the original color of the
wood closely and we liked the way it looked against our brick. We
already told them why we chose the stain but they still want us to
change the stain to gray.

Can they wait until two and half years to complain about the stain
color of our fence? Do we have any rights over this? There are dozens
of houses in our neighborhood that didn't stain their fences and let
them rot for years. I don't know why the HOA targeted us. We are very
quiet people and never butt in anyone's business.

Please suggest what we should do. Thanks.