Betsy

Default HOA giving grief about fence

No, I'm not really. I never knew that lawyers could have a bad reputation,
because I grew up with honest upright relatives, who wouldn't even take
divorce cases, and turned down more cases than they took, and forgot to bill
or to collect routinely.

However, I worked for an "accident attorney" when I was 23 and believe me,
my eyes were opened fast.

I still stand by my advice. Contract law and Real Estate law are
complicated things, and it is for precisely that reason that these attorneys
exist.

In the Law, wording is EVERYTHING. And you may not understand what the
legal definition of a word is, in your state, in your county. The HOA may
not have a leg to stand on, based on the document you signed. A lawyer may
be able to find you a loophole, if all else fails!

Do you remember Bill Clinton's defense when asked a pointed question?
"Depends on how you define IS". He knew whereof he spoke, as he was an
attorney!

"Larry Bud" wrote in message
om...
Having real estate lawyers for a father, grandfather, uncle and cousin,

and
a DA cousin, I can tell you that you need an attorney that specializes

in
real estate to sort this all out for you.

Obviously you're biased towards lawyers.

Just read the damn HOA documents and see what the statute of
limitations is, and whether or not they can dictate the color of a
fence.