Robert11

Default Floor Fan: Old Style ?

Hello:

Many, and I mean many, when I was a kid, I remember that we had a floor fan
that was round, sat on the floor, perhaps 2 feet high, and had a flat top.

The air was sucked in from the bottom, and circulated out thru the sides.
You could sit on the top, as no air came out of the top.

Not sure what this style was, or is, called ?

It made a truly great room air Circulator.

Would love to get one now, and have been looking, but I can't find them
anywhere.
(live due west of Boston; Framingham, Mass area)

Would be willing to go mail order, but would much prefer to see it before I
buy.

a. What exactly is this style called ?

b. Any stores in my area that I might have missed carry them ?

c. sites on the web ?

Thanks,
Bob