Dan O.

Default Broken Dryer: Fix or Replace?

Ken Sternberg wrote in message ...

I took off the front panel, found the broken belt, and also
thedetached tension pulley. I really am not very handy
and can't figure how to reattach this, nor how to attach
the new belt around the pulley.

You can see the most common dryer belt installation configurations at the
following link. BTW. If you buy a genuine FSP Whirlpool belt for your
Whirlpool dryer, they come with belt configuration instructions right on the
package.

http://ng.appliance411.com/links/jump.cgi?ID=751

You can also find installation instructions at this link:

http://ng.appliance411.com/links/jump.cgi?ID=722

Let's say I can fix it and get it working, what's the life
expectancy of an 8-10 year old dryer, anyway?

We just came across the bill for our dryer, 1969. It has never needed
service!

I wouldn't expect any newer models to last that long but 15-20 years is not
unheard of for a dryer. Just as long as it isn't driven into the ground
before *starting* to look into a problem (screeching, grinding, etc.).

JMO

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com