TomH

Default Broken Dryer: Fix or Replace?

"Ken Sternberg" wrote in message
om...
The electric Whirlpool dryer that we inherited with the house four
years ago is broken. The drum doesn't turn but the motor makes a
humming noise. One repair person told me it could mean the motor's
gone, which he said would cost $200 to replace. The dryer is probably
at least six to 10 years old. The minimal checking around I did showed
that a new gas dryer costs about $270. I have gas lines into my house
and could install a gas model.

I don't think I'd replace the motor in this dryer, but even if the
problem is something else, labor and parts would likely add up fast.
Should I fix this machine or buy a new one? Thanks very much.

If you want to try to fix it yourself try http://www.repairclinic.com
I've fixed our washer and dryer at least two times each. Never was that
hard and never cost more than $10.00. Follow their directions in the
repair section and you can tell pretty easy if the motors bad.
If the motors not bad you should be able to repair it yourself
failrly cheap.

-Tom