Colbyt

Default Spackle vs. Patching Plaster, etc.

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
gy.com...
In article , "Colbyt"

wrote:

Patching plaster IS NOT sandable and is for plaster repairs.

Some are, some aren't. Durabond sands fairly readily IME, but most others
won't.

Doug,

Unless you are buying a Durobond product I have not, I have to disagree with
your statement.

If it does not say Sandable on the package, it isn't.

Durobond is an excellent quick setting product for filling large areas to a
sub surface level. But for the average DYI person it is not suitable for
the final top coat which will need some sanding to look proper.

Colbyt