Chuck Yerkes

Default phone wiring orientation question

As I recall, one way rings, the other doesn't.
Both ways let you call out.

oktokie wrote:

I am having an another kind of phone line problem… I currently have a
flaky phone system where my phone’s been working | not-working. I have a
question, my phone line uses 2 wire ( blue & blue-white of 6 pair phone
line), however, does it matter which orientation blue & blue-white line
connects to the phone? (Let just say I have a two phone and one phone is
wired blue, then blue-white but the other phone is wired blue-white then
blue).
Please, let me know…Thank you in advance.

Oktokie
Ps: I’ve been living in the phone nightmare for past 3 months

And yet you don't say what the problem is.