Paul Mc Cann

Default Desk Cable Channels

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 11:36:37 GMT,
wrote:

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 10:52:42 +0000 (UTC), "Sean Delere"
wrote:

I have a desk without cable channels and I'd like a desk *with* cable
channels without buying a new desk. I was wondering whether there's a
supplier of aftermarket cable tidy kits. Maybe a metal channel that
you can screw to the back of the modesty board, and some plastic
inserts to finish off the holes that I'll have to drill in the top of
the desk to feed the cables through.

Is this the sort of thing you are after?

http://www.axminster.co.uk/default.asp?part=CT05PK1

Its part of what I'm after yes. Thanks.

The other part is the (usually metal) channels that screw in along the
back of the modesty board at the front of the desk to channel the
cables from the aperture in the top of the desk to the power
supply/computer base etc

Brian

Its common to use some of those plastic ties that can either be
screwed down or have an adhesive pad incorporated. The right ones can
be opened and re-closed.

Also it is more usual to fix the cables/cable trays to the underside
of the desk top.

Be aware that a cable port (The hole in the top of the desk) can
restrict the placement of the monitor. They are a bit out of fashion
on the higher end desking now, if that should bother you. Just loop
the cables over the back edge of the desk at the most appropriate
point.

Paul Mc Cann