Bulletsnbrains

Default sub zero 550 refrigerator

Hey HVAC,

"HvacTech2" wrote in message

Hi Bulletsnbrains, hope you are having a nice day

On 25-Jul-04 At About 22:20:46, Bulletsnbrains wrote to All
Subject: sub zero 550 refrigerator

The proper method is to not lay it down at all.

Right! That's how we ship'em! :-)

after consulting subzero they said to let it stand upright for
24-48hrs... I left it for 72hrs.

B This is to prevent liquid freon from damaging the compressor at start
B up. Since compressors are designed for gasses, not liquids.

No it isn't liquid refrigerant that is the problem. it is the oil. the oil
can plug the capillary tubes if you lay it down.

We talking quite a distance traveled to get back to the comp... You sure it
could get that far.... Comp to frame tube to condenser to drier to cap tube
before it reaches then the evap back to the comp. .(No accumalator on Ref,
just freezer.) Sub Z's use 3/16" o.d. copper tubing(frame tube) behind the
gasket seat to keep the gasket and front warm. On 611/650 units, it is one
big "U" shape for each, refer and freezer. I'd be more concerned about
contaminants reaching the cap tube/drier.

-= HvacTech2 =-

Brian