Travis Jordan

Default Lithium Battery Leak! Help!

jmonteiro wrote:
Hi group. Both Maxell CR 2016 3V batteries in my Nova keychain
flashlight leaked after I accidentally went swimming with my keys in
my pocket. Does anyone know how to clean out all of the battery
leakage, it has corroded some of the little metal pieces (rusty
looking)? Also, how do you recycle these batteries?

Justin

CR2016 "coin" lithium batteries are not rechargable, and I don't know of
anyone who takes old (non-recharable) batteries for recycling. Just
throw them away.

About your Nova flashlight...it is trashed - buy a new one. Maybe a
water resistant one this time?

http://www.equipped.com/led_lights3b.htm
http://www.photonlight.com/products/...icrolight.html