Bert Byfield

Default phone wiring orientation question

I am having an another kind of phone line problem… I currently have a
flaky phone system where my phone’s been working | not-working. I have
a question, my phone line uses 2 wire ( blue & blue-white of 6 pair
phone line), however, does it matter which orientation blue &
blue-white line connects to the phone? (Let just say I have a two
phone and one phone is wired blue, then blue-white but the other phone
is wired blue-white then blue).

Probably it doesn't matter. It depends on the phone. You can check the
polarity with a Radio Shack line tester, if you have modular plugs. But
miswiring shouldn't cause intermittent problems -- sounds more like
loose connections.