Dorot29701

Default Ikea kitchen cabinets - advice?

My house was built in 1983 and I too have been cabinet shopping. My cabinets
are the particle board covered with formica type - they have held up quite well
considering. They aren't very pretty but they aren't coming apart because of
hot steam either.

I am considering a custom cabinet job now. The cabinets are made out of 3/4
in. plywood, covered in a "mica" - or I could get wooden doors for a lot more
money. The doors are made by a company in Ft. Lauderdale called Door Mark Inc.
Has anyone on here had any personal experience with them? The sample I saw
looked real good.I'm not the greatest house keeper and when I had cabinets that
were wood with lacquer finish - they were a PITA to keep clean.

Dorothy