Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default where's all the political slagging-match gone?!

"Richard Smith" wrote in message ...

The only thing I can add is that these allow you to measure and record (on a
PC) temperature up to 1260C.
https://www.amazon.com/Tekpower-TP40.../dp/B000OPDFLM

Wood stove gasket cement tames the extreme tendency of high temperature
braided fiber insulation to unravel. 24 gauge is less annoyingly springy
than larger sizes and adequate for brief experiments. If it burns out it can
easily be renewed by cutting shorter and welding the ends together with
acetylene.

I have no experience with strain gages, and my only professional experience
with tensile strength testing was an after-school job in the lab of a
leather factory. They were trying to find synthetic substitutes for
industrial leather products, which was surprisingly difficult.