Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Halogen to be banned

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 11:22:26 +0100, ARW
wrote:

snip

I took it down so I could see / access it better and it's just a std
LF job but with an unusual (to me anyway) 'built in' electronic
starter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjph...bigclivedotcom

Erm, it wasn't the 'electronic starter' bit that was unusual (or
unknown / function to me) but this particular 'built in' one, as seen
top left of the pictu

https://ibb.co/5WpjQm5

It was hard wired, 4x the size of a traditional starter / the same
size as the cap.

I knew what it was and what it did, just that I'd not seen one like
that before so wondered how common they were (in that format, and
partly why at a quick glance I thought the fitting was 'different' to
all the others I've dealt with over the years and that the difference
might have meant it was HF (It wasn't obviously, once I'd got it down
and could see inside it easily).

Cheers, T i m