Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default ptfe on olives?

On 12/06/2021 19:25, Fredxx wrote:
On 12/06/2021 18:32, charles wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* charles wrote:
you can, so long as the joint has been disassembled. Going to be
significantly more difficult if the joint is still done up though!

I have a set of 15mm olive cutters to remove olives, so that I can
reuse
the back nut.

Just carefully cut across the olive with a hacksaw, and stop before you
hit the pipe. A screwdriver in that slot then splits it. And if you buy
spare olives, you can re-use the entire thing.

It isn't always easy to get a hacksaw in the right place. other pipework
often gets in the way, which is why I bough a splitter

I bought an olive extractor/puller. They can remove olives where the nut
won't move back, such as on a radiator tail, and in some instances reuse
the olive. The cutter is much quicker.

I find my puller works ok, but takes considerable torque to get the old
one off...

this design:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...n_Olive_puller

--