Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Halogen to be banned

On 12/06/2021 21:15, Rod Speed wrote:
"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 10/06/2021 00:14, Fredxx wrote:
On 09/06/2021 23:03, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 16:07:42 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

snip

I put the CFL back in

5W LED is just too damned bright to be turning on whilst you are
sleepy

The fact that CFL often take a few seconds yo 'warm up' helps with
that.

makes of LED bulbs really ought to think about this

Some of the LED lamps that come on and off automatically as driven
from my Home Assistant system seem to 'ramp the on brightness'
slightly (quickly) and much more visually down when turning off
(compared when turning them off at the wall) so that change in
functionality is probably because they are being used 'smart'?

I assume that would be a receiver function. Can you provide details
of the lamp (systems) you're driving?

Is this over Wi-Fi, over mains, or some other transmission medium?

I can only guess you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Bad assumption. The Philips Hue system does it using wifi and bluetooth.

Not sure about that. You seem to know a whole lot more than T i m.
Thanks for the info.