Dave Jennings

Default Cheapest source for internal fire doors?

Bob Mannix wrote:
They do but your old doors were already there and don't have glass in
them so, according to the letter of the law(!), with a door closer
they will do (as my 6 panel doors did). Any new doors have to be fire
doors (in areas where bilding regs demand them, eg opening on to
escape from a loft conversion) The actual situation vis-a-vis your
six panel doors, as put by my builder:

"f*ck*n stupid! Those doors would last about 30 seconds"

Sorry,

Are you saying that the *NEW* doors where the loft rooms will be have
to be fire doors, but if I put closers on the existing doors these
should suffice, or not? These are the same as above - standard, 6 panel
Victorian.

I probably have brain fade here due to the whole project, so go easy!

Dave.

( PS - we're in Scotland, so regs are almost certainly different ! )

--
Dave Jennings
'89 VS 1400, '99 ZX6R