Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 15:43:37 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 15:36, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:32:20 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 14:02, T i m wrote:
snip
**** off. The eating **** and dying is optional.

I don't understand why the various subscribers to this forum who
continually argue with T i m don't just kill-file him. Arguing with
him or abusing him is pointless.

Well, I thought that I might be able to get him to see that the people
who he is vilifying might actually care more than he thinks they do.

And why do you think your POV has any greater standing than mine?

The attempt was futile so I resorted to abusing him as arguing with an
idiot is folly.

You really should try harder.

Imagine you were born on this planet without any indoctrination on
what you could eat but were surrounded by fruit, nuts, berries and veg
that could be consumed raw, like peas, beans, tomatoes, lettuce,
celery, onion, radish, cucumber and even mushrooms.

At what point do you think you would climb up into a tree and take a
birds egg out of it's nest, crack it open and eat it? Or see a cow,
pig or goat feeding it's young and think you would want a go, given
you could drink water, or put some lemon juice in water ... or mix
water with other things like ground oats or rice and make something
you could also drink?

At what point would you look at a bird or calf and think 'I wonder if
I can eat that'?

If you had plentiful supply of other foods, at what point would you
think you *should* kill another being , just to eat?

The only reason you would try to argue *for* the killing and
exploitation of animals in 2021 is because you are so indoctrinated to
consider it both 'normal' and 'morally acceptable' when in fact it's
neither.

Cheers, T i m