Old June 11th 21, 03:29 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sometimes this forum worries me

I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.

Bill

Old June 11th 21, 03:53 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/06/2021 14:29, williamwright wrote:

I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.

I am sure someone will warn you if you do!

--
Cheers,

John.

Old June 11th 21, 03:55 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/06/2021 14:29, williamwright wrote:
I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly.

What's an example?
Old June 11th 21, 04:17 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

williamwright wrote:
I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.

Bill

Don’t worry. If you do, you almost certainly won’t realise it. ;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Old June 11th 21, 04:43 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 14:53:19 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 11/06/2021 14:29, williamwright wrote:

I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.

I am sure someone will warn you if you do!

Both of you to help I tried, the indoctrination runs deep it does.

https://ibb.co/0CMRm0B ;-)

"Pass on what you have learned."

;-)

Cheers, T i m

Old June 11th 21, 04:48 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
williamwright wrote:
I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.

Like always carrying your mobile phone at home in case you have a 'turn'?
;-)

--
*Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old June 11th 21, 05:15 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

No of course not, Its a good job tvs don't have a picture valve any more.
Who remembers this advice when a person answered the door. The fact that the
cat had knocked a vase of flowers over the day before which was stood on the
top of the telly never crossed their mind.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Old June 11th 21, 05:17 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

One thing I do notice with age is what I used to moan about others doing.
Telling the same story twice, but I now realise its not that you forget you
have told the story, its just that you unremember who you told it to.

Old June 11th 21, 05:26 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 16:17:59 +0100, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

One thing I do notice with age is what I used to moan about others doing.
Telling the same story twice, but I now realise its not that you forget you
have told the story, its just that you unremember who you told it to.

Yup, that can happen but what is worse when they don't tell you so.

Nothing wrong with an 'Oh yes, I think you mentioned that before' to
save you both time (and to show you were listening and remember from
the first time). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Old June 12th 21, 09:49 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 11/06/2021 14:29, williamwright wrote:

I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.

I am sure someone will warn you if you do!

Both of you to help I tried, the indoctrination runs deep it does.

https://ibb.co/0CMRm0B ;-)

Here,
https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/193...ve-export-ban/

Perhaps you could stop with the sermons here and do something positive
to stop the cruelty. I am against the export of live animals. They
should be slaughtered in the countries where they are bred and exported
as a foodstuff.
Hopefully you are grown up enough to understand that.

Is this a metalworking forum or a political forum??? KG Metalworking 13 January 26th 10 01:21 AM
27yr old GE fridge sometimes works and sometimes doesnt [email protected] Home Repair 2 August 21st 06 02:38 AM
Wall Tie Worries Andy UK diy 8 May 17th 06 10:50 PM
uPVC worries Antony UK diy 6 August 12th 04 12:21 PM
Worktop worries... Bob UK diy 23 June 2nd 04 03:33 PM