UK diy (uk.d-i-y) For the discussion of all topics related to diy (do-it-yourself) in the UK. All levels of experience and proficency are welcome to join in to ask questions or offer solutions.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,159
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.

Bill
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 25,191
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 11/06/2021 14:29, williamwright wrote:

I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.


I am sure someone will warn you if you do!


--
Cheers,

John.

/================================================== ===============\
| Internode Ltd - http://www.internode.co.uk |
|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
| John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk |
\================================================= ================/
  #3   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,270
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 11/06/2021 14:29, williamwright wrote:
I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly.


What's an example?
  #4   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,366
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

williamwright wrote:
I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.

Bill


Dont worry. If you do, you almost certainly wont realise it. ;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
  #5   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 14:53:19 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 11/06/2021 14:29, williamwright wrote:

I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.


I am sure someone will warn you if you do!


Both of you to help I tried, the indoctrination runs deep it does.

https://ibb.co/0CMRm0B ;-)

"Pass on what you have learned."

;-)

Cheers, T i m


  #6   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 43,017
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

In article ,
williamwright wrote:
I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.


Like always carrying your mobile phone at home in case you have a 'turn'?
;-)

--
*Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
  #7   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,699
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

No of course not, Its a good job tvs don't have a picture valve any more.
Who remembers this advice when a person answered the door. The fact that the
cat had knocked a vase of flowers over the day before which was stood on the
top of the telly never crossed their mind.
Brian

--

This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"williamwright" wrote in message
...
I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of the
elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.

Bill



  #8   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,699
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

One thing I do notice with age is what I used to moan about others doing.
Telling the same story twice, but I now realise its not that you forget you
have told the story, its just that you unremember who you told it to.
Brian

--

This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"T i m" wrote in message
...
On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 14:53:19 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 11/06/2021 14:29, williamwright wrote:

I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.


I am sure someone will warn you if you do!


Both of you to help I tried, the indoctrination runs deep it does.

https://ibb.co/0CMRm0B ;-)

"Pass on what you have learned."

;-)

Cheers, T i m



  #9   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 16:17:59 +0100, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

One thing I do notice with age is what I used to moan about others doing.
Telling the same story twice, but I now realise its not that you forget you
have told the story, its just that you unremember who you told it to.


Yup, that can happen but what is worse when they don't tell you so.

Nothing wrong with an 'Oh yes, I think you mentioned that before' to
save you both time (and to show you were listening and remember from
the first time). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

  #10   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,625
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 11/06/2021 15:43, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 14:53:19 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 11/06/2021 14:29, williamwright wrote:

I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.


I am sure someone will warn you if you do!


Both of you to help I tried, the indoctrination runs deep it does.

https://ibb.co/0CMRm0B ;-)


Here,
https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/193...ve-export-ban/


Perhaps you could stop with the sermons here and do something positive
to stop the cruelty. I am against the export of live animals. They
should be slaughtered in the countries where they are bred and exported
as a foodstuff.
Hopefully you are grown up enough to understand that.


  #11   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 08:49:30 +0100, Richard
wrote:

snip

Perhaps you could stop with the sermons here


Sermons to you are advocacy / passion to protect innocent and sentient
creatures to others.

and do something positive
to stop the cruelty.


I am doing *WAY* more then you could ever do by signing petitions ...
I'm not supporting the process in the first place!

See, it's easy. If everyone stopped paying to have all these animals
killed and exploited, they would stop killing and exploiting them. It
*really* couldn't be any simpler could it (even for you)!

https://ibb.co/XxFLT2y

I am against the export of live animals.


Why is that then. Do they not still die at the end of their trip
*anyway*? Surely a couple of days of discomfort is nothing compared
with only living a fraction of your natural life? Now, when you show
me livestock willingly bolt gunning itself in the head or walking into
a gas chamber then cutting it's own throat as opposed to desperately
trying to avoid when it knows is likely to not be what it wants for
itself, then I would agree with your virtue signaling.

They
should be slaughtered in the countries where they are bred and exported
as a foodstuff.


Nope, see, again you are fighting the wrong cause. They shouldn't be
slaughtered at all and the chances are the vast majority wouldn't be
if the people wanting to consume their flesh had to do it themselves.

Doesn't that tell you anything about just how unnatural (in most of
the civilised population in 2021) and barbaric it is, if most people
couldn't do it and certainly would let their kids even see it?

And talking of that, look how early the indoctrination starts:

https://ibb.co/wcMQjvn

"Cows produce milk for their calves (and people) to drink."

No they ****ing don't. Cows don't and never have produced milk 'for
people to drink'. They have only ever produced milk for their calves
to drink and we steal it off them, often killing the calf to do so!

Does that not sound sick to you?

Can you not see how logically inconsistent it all is?

https://ibb.co/NNXLFmx

Hopefully you are grown up enough to understand that.


Oh the irony.

https://ibb.co/tm1WzCR ;-)

No, the bottom line is 'most people' prefer to bury their heads and
morals in the sand and carry on doing what they were brought up to do
and accept as 'normal' because they are normalised to the idea and
addicted to the taste (dopamine). Because of the (apparent) social
acceptance, normalisation, commercialisation and marketing we continue
to 'go along with it' but if they dared to look just a little closer,
most people would question it all (especially if forced to do it
themselves).

So the truth is most people are sufficiently abstract from it all to
allow the cognitive dissonance, the logical inconsistency and the
physic numbing to override their morals, meaning that ITRW, people
don't really like and respect animals, they love their pets and some
'special cause' (often a man made issue) wildlife ... or abused
donkeys but really prefer not to confront what would be real internal
conflicts if they were only to open their eyes and minds.

Cheers, T i m
  #12   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 12/06/2021 09:06, T i m wrote:

I am doing *WAY* more then you could ever do by signing petitions ...
I'm not supporting the process in the first place!


See, it's easy. If everyone stopped paying to have all these animals
killed and exploited, they would stop killing and exploiting them. It
*really* couldn't be any simpler could it (even for you)!


Sounds like dog-in-a-manger.

You had the benefit of 60 years as a meat-eater, and now you want to
remove everybody's freedom of choice on the matter by forcing us all to
go 'vegan'. However, medical science is moving towards the state where a
vegan diet can be seen to be positively dangerous.

--
Spike
  #13   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,625
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 12/06/2021 10:06, T i m wrote:

snip the garbage you posted and retain the link I supplied

Here,
https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/193...ve-export-ban/


I tried.
You are completely irrational.
  #14   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,270
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 11/06/2021 16:26, T i m wrote:

Nothing wrong with an 'Oh yes, I think you mentioned that before' to
save you both time (and to show you were listening and remember from
the first time). ;-)

Yeah,
What about when you say "have I already told you..." and they say not,
but you're almost certain you have, hence they probably don't listen to you.

And my missus often tells me things that i've told her.

  #15   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 12:03:38 +0100, R D S wrote:

On 11/06/2021 16:26, T i m wrote:

Nothing wrong with an 'Oh yes, I think you mentioned that before' to
save you both time (and to show you were listening and remember from
the first time). ;-)

Yeah,
What about when you say "have I already told you..." and they say not,
but you're almost certain you have, hence they probably don't listen to you.


Or they may go though the motions of listening but can't take it in
(any more)? ;-(

Or they read something but can't seem to translate that into an action
themselves?

I had a mate read the instructions for how to set up his video / TV to
me over the phone and I repeated it back to him (sight unseen) and he
did it (after not being able to for 'hours' apparently)?

And my missus often tells me things that i've told her.


And I used to mentioned that I have told mine (everyday, non
technical) things previously but that doesn't help her because she
(obviously) can't remember me so doing. ;-(

She just read out a text that she had been sent but whilst he narrated
the words, the detail of the meaning didn't seem to have been
acknowledged by her. ;-(

We (well I) have been watering in a couple of newly planted memorial
trees on behalf of a neighbours family because we can go past there
(when walking for ourselves and with the dog) and they all live miles
away.

The text read something along the lines of 'I've just put 20l of water
around the trees' (letting us know he's done it this time, it would
have been her birthday or summat).

I said 'Ah, he's not applied it though the watering tubes then ...'
and the content of that statement seemed lost, given she's stood there
and watched me empty several watering cans worth of water down the
watering tubes. She even repeated what bits of it he had texted her
and she had taken in ... 'watered trees'.

So yes, apart from not listening, people can listen (even proactively)
but not actually hear / understand / remember.

Trying to relay the instruction 'Turn the knob up' is only any value
if someone knows the difference between a knob, button and switch,
even when there is only one 'knob' on there and what way 'up' might be
(apparently). ;-)

Cheers, T i m


  #16   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,774
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 11/06/2021 14:29, williamwright wrote:
I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.

Bill


The yoof of today have no understanding of what it's like to be elderly

--
mailto : news {at} admac {dot} myzen {dot} co {dot} uk
  #17   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,213
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 12/06/2021 10:06, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 08:49:30 +0100, Richard
wrote:

snip

Perhaps you could stop with the sermons here


Sermons to you are advocacy / passion to protect innocent and sentient
creatures to others.

and do something positive
to stop the cruelty.




Hopefully you are grown up enough to understand that.



snip even more emotive nonsense.

D i m wants to live in world where huge numbers of animal
species would become extinct, because unless there is a reason
for them to exist, no-one is going to waste money keeping them,
apart from hobby farmers with huge primary assets and incomes.
Few if any of the animals will be bred because at some point
there will be too many. Just like the nonsense of 'rewilding'
parts of the country because unless you reintroduce wolves and
bears? too, there will be no natural predators for wild deer and
boar, who then multiply and end up causing a nuisance or simply
dying from starvation because there are too many of them.
  #18   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,213
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 11/06/2021 14:55, R D S wrote:
On 11/06/2021 14:29, williamwright wrote:
I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic
of the elderly.


What's an example?


That clown, who with his degree in agriculture, thinks
he is an expert on 'global warming'
  #19   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,213
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 11/06/2021 15:48, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
williamwright wrote:
I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.


Like always carrying your mobile phone at home in case you have a 'turn'?
;-)


Or carrying a mobile phone *and* a spare battery in the other pocket.
Must be a really old phone if it takes a spare battery ?
  #20   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 11:59:35 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 10:06, T i m wrote:

snip the garbage you posted and retain the link I supplied


Ah, back to you own pro-animal-cruelty justification / agenda.

Here,
https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/193...ve-export-ban/


And there is *still* no point me reading it.


I tried.


No you didn't, you admitted you ignored everything I said because you
want to continue causing innocent animals pain, suffering,
exploitation and death.

You are completely irrational.


Oh the irony.

You play your virtual signaling by feigning interest in animal welfare
whilst continuing to cause animal welfare issues in the first place
because you like the taste of *their* (*their* notice, it's not
*yours*) flesh and excretions?

I (nor the millions of others round the world who *really* care about
animals (and not just pets and those we don't want to eat or exploit))
show our genuine interest in animal welfare by not exploiting or
killing them. QED.

This is just how 'rational' you are being ...

https://ibb.co/y8nVzK9

Cheers, T i m



  #21   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,625
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 12/06/2021 13:21, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 11:59:35 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 10:06, T i m wrote:

snip the garbage you posted and retain the link I supplied


Ah, back to you own pro-animal-cruelty justification / agenda.

Here,
https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/193...ve-export-ban/


And there is *still* no point me reading it.


Your ignorance is boundless
The link was *not* to a petition. It is a letter written by someone who
actually cares about animal welfare as opposed to the self-obsessed
bigotry constantly vomited up by you.

  #22   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 11/06/2021 15:43, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 14:53:19 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 11/06/2021 14:29, williamwright wrote:

I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.


I am sure someone will warn you if you do!


Both of you to help I tried, the indoctrination runs deep it does.

https://ibb.co/0CMRm0B ;-)

"Pass on what you have learned."

;-)


Trust you revert to your fanatical norm.

You are the perfect example of "irrational attitudes displayed that are
characteristic of the elderly".
  #23   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 13:13:29 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip

snip even more emotive nonsense.


Ah yes, the ability to use emotions like compassion and benevolence to
determine how we consider other species.

D i m wants to live in world where huge numbers of animal
species would become extinct,


Do I? That sounds like some sort of BULL**** you have just made up?

because unless there is a reason
for them to exist,


Correct. If the only reason the exist is because we bred them to eat
or exploit and especially those that wouldn't survive in the wild then
they shouldn't be here in the first place (and shouldn't be here now).

no-one is going to waste money keeping them,


Of course ... and not just waste money, waste food, waste water, cause
pollution, create antibiotic resistance in those who consume them,
risk zoonotic pandemics etc etc.

apart from hobby farmers with huge primary assets and incomes.


Don't forget the bodies doing good work trying to undo the damage we
have done to thousands of creatures we are putting at risk though our
destruction of their habitat and the eventual massive cost to us.

Few if any of the animals will be bred because at some point
there will be too many.


Wow, I think the penny is actually dropping, albeit for the wrong
reasons ...

Just like the nonsense of 'rewilding'
parts of the country because unless you reintroduce wolves and
bears? too, there will be no natural predators for wild deer and
boar, who then multiply and end up causing a nuisance or simply
dying from starvation because there are too many of them.


Like they would *naturally* you mean? How on earth did they all manage
before we got here?

So, another one wanting to play god and cost us all dearly.

Well done you for yet another demonstration of just how ignorant you
are about any of it.

Cheers, T i m
  #24   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 12/06/2021 10:06, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 08:49:30 +0100, Richard
wrote:

snip

Perhaps you could stop with the sermons here


Sermons to you are advocacy / passion to protect innocent and sentient
creatures to others.

and do something positive
to stop the cruelty.


I am doing *WAY* more then you could ever do by signing petitions ...
I'm not supporting the process in the first place!


Quite, you do more to encourage the eating of meat than anyone else I know.

See, it's easy. If everyone stopped paying to have all these animals
killed and exploited, they would stop killing and exploiting them. It
*really* couldn't be any simpler could it (even for you)!


It isn't so easy. Eating a strict vegan diet is shown to be damaging for
children. There are a lot of health warning given by medical
professionals when embarking on a vegan diet.

https://ibb.co/XxFLT2y

I am against the export of live animals.


Why is that then. Do they not still die at the end of their trip
*anyway*? Surely a couple of days of discomfort is nothing compared
with only living a fraction of your natural life? Now, when you show
me livestock willingly bolt gunning itself in the head or walking into
a gas chamber then cutting it's own throat as opposed to desperately
trying to avoid when it knows is likely to not be what it wants for
itself, then I would agree with your virtue signaling.


The only signal is that many of us are against the export of live
animals. Whereas you don't make the same claim and so contribute to the
status quo.

They
should be slaughtered in the countries where they are bred and exported
as a foodstuff.


Nope,


I can assure you they could.

see, again you are fighting the wrong cause.


It is the right cause.

They shouldn't be
slaughtered at all and the chances are the vast majority wouldn't be
if the people wanting to consume their flesh had to do it themselves.


Wrong. We live in an advanced society so processes are compartmentalised
into jobs. In much the same way you watch a TV you didn't build, I eat
meat that has been slaughtered by someone else.

Doesn't that tell you anything about just how unnatural (in most of
the civilised population in 2021) and barbaric it is, if most people
couldn't do it and certainly would let their kids even see it?


We have evolved to eat meat, to consume vitamins that are only present
in meat and meat products.

Yes, we know you're a pervert and would like children to watch various
acts that would be classed as age restricted.

And talking of that, look how early the indoctrination starts:

https://ibb.co/wcMQjvn

"Cows produce milk for their calves (and people) to drink."

No they ****ing don't. Cows don't and never have produced milk 'for
people to drink'. They have only ever produced milk for their calves
to drink and we steal it off them, often killing the calf to do so!

Does that not sound sick to you?


No, because we have evolved to digest milk in adulthood. You may be the
exception here where your doctor has advised not to drink milk.

Can you not see how logically inconsistent it all is?

https://ibb.co/NNXLFmx


Quite, this is consistent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALnsIHIupnk

Hopefully you are grown up enough to understand that.


Oh the irony.

https://ibb.co/tm1WzCR ;-)


Is that meant to convey a message?

No, the bottom line is 'most people' prefer to bury their heads and
morals in the sand and carry on doing what they were brought up to do
and accept as 'normal' because they are normalised to the idea and
addicted to the taste (dopamine). Because of the (apparent) social
acceptance, normalisation, commercialisation and marketing we continue
to 'go along with it' but if they dared to look just a little closer,
most people would question it all (especially if forced to do it
themselves).


The bottom line is I want my family eat eat a healthy balanced diet. For
the young ones in my family to maintain normal brain development, rather
than eating a vegan diet and end up with a low IQ.

So the truth is most people are sufficiently abstract from it all to
allow the cognitive dissonance, the logical inconsistency and the
physic numbing to override their morals, meaning that ITRW, people
don't really like and respect animals, they love their pets and some
'special cause' (often a man made issue) wildlife ... or abused
donkeys but really prefer not to confront what would be real internal
conflicts if they were only to open their eyes and minds.


The truth is we want a natural balanced, wholesome diet, one that
doesn't disadvantage our loved ones and growing children.

Not much to ask for, is it?

BTW, there is no cognitive dissonance. It must appear greatly in your
life to keep mentioning it. No ethical vegan would keep pets, but a
fanatical one, envious we're allowed to eat meat, must be in a great
dilemma.
  #25   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 12/06/2021 13:21, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 11:59:35 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 10:06, T i m wrote:

snip the garbage you posted and retain the link I supplied


Ah, back to you own pro-animal-cruelty justification / agenda.

Here,
https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/193...ve-export-ban/


And there is *still* no point me reading it.


So you don't support the ethical treatment of animals?

I tried.


No you didn't, you admitted you ignored everything I said because you
want to continue causing innocent animals pain, suffering,


No, that is the difference between the likes of us and you. We want to
minimise animal suffering, whereas you don't.

exploitation and death.


Necessary in providing a natural balanced diet for us.

You are completely irrational.


Oh the irony.

You play your virtual signaling by feigning interest in animal welfare
whilst continuing to cause animal welfare issues in the first place
because you like the taste of *their* (*their* notice, it's not
*yours*) flesh and excretions?


You play your virtual signalling by feigning interest in animal welfare
whilst continuing your fanatical crusade, driven by envy, to stop us
eating meat.

I (nor the millions of others round the world who *really* care about
animals


That's a lie. You have never supported any campaign to promote netter
animal welfare.

(and not just pets and those we don't want to eat or exploit))


You do exploit your pets. You have their genitals mutilated for your
personal pleasure.

show our genuine interest in animal welfare by not exploiting or
killing them. QED.


That is necessary for us to maintain a natural, balanced diet.

This is just how 'rational' you are being ...

https://ibb.co/y8nVzK9


For once you have a point. It is sad there is no petition to end the
inhumane conditions of slaughter of animals. Not that you care in any case.


  #26   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,213
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 12/06/2021 13:37, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 13:13:29 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip

snip even more emotive nonsense.



Well done you for yet another demonstration of just how ignorant you
are about any of it.

Cheers, T i m


I think a straw poll of people here will put you in the ignorant
camp simply because you have not, and cannot think through what you
are suggesting.
  #27   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 13:29:26 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 13:21, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 11:59:35 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 10:06, T i m wrote:

snip the garbage you posted and retain the link I supplied


Ah, back to you own pro-animal-cruelty justification / agenda.

Here,
https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/193...ve-export-ban/


And there is *still* no point me reading it.


Your ignorance is boundless


Oh the irony. You *think* that anything you are likely to come out
with is going to be of any real interest to me and benefit to the
animals?

I only needed to read the heading "LETTER - People for the Ethical
Treatment of Animals can for live export ban" to imagine how well
constructed the rest of it might be.

The link was *not* to a petition.


shrug I did start to look but I had to fill in a questionnaire to
read further so didn't bother (and because I knew there was little
point).

It is a letter written by someone who
actually cares about animal welfare as opposed to the self-obsessed
bigotry constantly vomited up by you.


Ah yes, making the slaves 'more comfortable' rather than not keeping
slaves at all.

Cheers, T i m

  #28   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,625
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 12/06/2021 14:02, T i m wrote:
snip
**** off. The eating **** and dying is optional.
  #29   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 13:59:35 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 13:37, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 13:13:29 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip

snip even more emotive nonsense.



Well done you for yet another demonstration of just how ignorant you
are about any of it.


I think a straw poll of people here


Oh, of a majority of old meat eaters? g No, you surprise me!

will put you in the ignorant
camp simply because you have not, and cannot think through what you
are suggesting.


In your opinion.

Unfortunately (for you), I share my POV with millions of people,
including many experts, scientists AND farmers and that number is ever
growing.

https://ibb.co/rdQvftm

Once it's reached critical mass, *you* will be seen for the ignorant
person you are.

https://ibb.co/fxwS97T

Cheers, T i m
  #30   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,625
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 12/06/2021 15:36, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:32:20 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 14:02, T i m wrote:
snip
**** off. The eating **** and dying is optional.


I don't understand why the various subscribers to this forum who
continually argue with T i m don't just kill-file him. Arguing with
him or abusing him is pointless.


Well, I thought that I might be able to get him to see that the people
who he is vilifying might actually care more than he thinks they do.
The attempt was futile so I resorted to abusing him as arguing with an
idiot is folly.


  #31   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 15:43:37 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 15:36, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:32:20 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 14:02, T i m wrote:
snip
**** off. The eating **** and dying is optional.


I don't understand why the various subscribers to this forum who
continually argue with T i m don't just kill-file him. Arguing with
him or abusing him is pointless.


Well, I thought that I might be able to get him to see that the people
who he is vilifying might actually care more than he thinks they do.


And why do you think your POV has any greater standing than mine?

The attempt was futile so I resorted to abusing him as arguing with an
idiot is folly.


You really should try harder.

Imagine you were born on this planet without any indoctrination on
what you could eat but were surrounded by fruit, nuts, berries and veg
that could be consumed raw, like peas, beans, tomatoes, lettuce,
celery, onion, radish, cucumber and even mushrooms.

At what point do you think you would climb up into a tree and take a
birds egg out of it's nest, crack it open and eat it? Or see a cow,
pig or goat feeding it's young and think you would want a go, given
you could drink water, or put some lemon juice in water ... or mix
water with other things like ground oats or rice and make something
you could also drink?

At what point would you look at a bird or calf and think 'I wonder if
I can eat that'?

If you had plentiful supply of other foods, at what point would you
think you *should* kill another being , just to eat?

The only reason you would try to argue *for* the killing and
exploitation of animals in 2021 is because you are so indoctrinated to
consider it both 'normal' and 'morally acceptable' when in fact it's
neither.

Cheers, T i m
  #32   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 12/06/2021 16:08, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 15:43:37 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 15:36, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:32:20 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 14:02, T i m wrote:
snip
**** off. The eating **** and dying is optional.

I don't understand why the various subscribers to this forum who
continually argue with T i m don't just kill-file him. Arguing with
him or abusing him is pointless.


Well, I thought that I might be able to get him to see that the people
who he is vilifying might actually care more than he thinks they do.


And why do you think your POV has any greater standing than mine?


Because when it comes to the crunch, you can never provide a cohesive
argument and post lies. When shown to be lies you resort to personal abuse.

The attempt was futile so I resorted to abusing him as arguing with an
idiot is folly.


You really should try harder.

Imagine you were born on this planet without any indoctrination on
what you could eat but were surrounded by fruit, nuts, berries and veg
that could be consumed raw, like peas, beans, tomatoes, lettuce,
celery, onion, radish, cucumber and even mushrooms.

At what point do you think you would climb up into a tree and take a
birds egg out of it's nest, crack it open and eat it? Or see a cow,
pig or goat feeding it's young and think you would want a go, given
you could drink water, or put some lemon juice in water ... or mix
water with other things like ground oats or rice and make something
you could also drink?


You have truly lost it. See your GP.

At what point would you look at a bird or calf and think 'I wonder if
I can eat that'?


When it's in the supermarket or cooked and placed on my plate.

If you had plentiful supply of other foods, at what point would you
think you *should* kill another being , just to eat?


To obtain all the nutrients I and my family require as part of a natural
balanced diet.

The only reason you would try to argue *for* the killing and
exploitation of animals in 2021 is because you are so indoctrinated to
consider it both 'normal' and 'morally acceptable' when in fact it's
neither.


It's not the only reason. I don't don't want to harm my loved ones by
feeding them an exclusively plant based diet.

Thankfully some people do care for the harm is causes:

https://qz.com/1622642/making-your-k...me-in-belgium/
  #33   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 12/06/2021 15:35, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 13:59:35 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 13:37, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 13:13:29 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip

snip even more emotive nonsense.


Well done you for yet another demonstration of just how ignorant you
are about any of it.


I think a straw poll of people here


Oh, of a majority of old meat eaters? g No, you surprise me!


The same ones eating a natural balanced diet. Meat eaters and
vegetarians are inherently greater in number.

will put you in the ignorant
camp simply because you have not, and cannot think through what you
are suggesting.


In your opinion.


Of the majority.

Unfortunately (for you), I share my POV with millions of people,
including many experts, scientists AND farmers and that number is ever
growing.

https://ibb.co/rdQvftm


History has caused us to evolve into depending on eating meat and meat
products to maintain out health. We have evolved to digest lactose into
adulthood.

We have evolved, and fanatics with a dairy allergy issue have not.

It's not a coincidence that those with a mainly plat based diet and
lactose intolerance are generally associated with the third world or
developing countries.

Once it's reached critical mass, *you* will be seen for the ignorant
person you are.

https://ibb.co/fxwS97T


Meat eaters are already a critical mass. You are a fanatical ignorant
person.
  #34   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,938
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:32:20 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 14:02, T i m wrote:
snip
**** off. The eating **** and dying is optional.


I don't understand why the various subscribers to this forum who
continually argue with T i m don't just kill-file him. Arguing with
him or abusing him is pointless.


I'm amused that he used to rail about troll behaviour. Now it is the
only way most see any of his output!

As a measure of useful group activity one could look at the gaps between
the mentions of *angle grinder*.


--
Tim Lamb
  #35   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 20:00:20 +0100, Tim Lamb
wrote:

snip

I don't understand why the various subscribers to this forum who
continually argue with T i m don't just kill-file him. Arguing with
him or abusing him is pointless.


I'm amused that he used to rail about troll behaviour.


I'm not sure what that's all about, any more than any other genuine
user here?

Now it is the
only way most see any of his output!


Yup. If you don't agree or like something the best thing to do is hide
from it and then it will go away.

As a measure of useful group activity one could look at the gaps between
the mentions of *angle grinder*.


I'm afraid you are living in the past OM. ;-(

But hey, I'm glad that killfile is really working for you and you
don't still get to read what I type. ;-)

Cheers, T i m


  #36   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 45
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 15:36:32 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:32:20 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 14:02, T i m wrote:
snip
**** off. The eating **** and dying is optional.


I don't understand why the various subscribers to this forum who
continually argue with T i m don't just kill-file him. Arguing with him
or abusing him is pointless.


I did, long ago.



--
My posts are my copyright and if @diy_forums or Home Owners' Hub
wish to copy them they can pay me £1 a message.
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: http://www.mirrorservice.org
*lightning surge protection* - a w_tom conductor
  #37   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 12 Jun 2021 21:23:08 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 15:36:32 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:32:20 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 14:02, T i m wrote:
snip
**** off. The eating **** and dying is optional.


I don't understand why the various subscribers to this forum who
continually argue with T i m don't just kill-file him. Arguing with him
or abusing him is pointless.


I did, long ago.


And yet, here you are, still joining in bizarre threads and talking
about me. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
  #38   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 25,191
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 12/06/2021 15:36, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:32:20 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 14:02, T i m wrote:
snip
**** off. The eating **** and dying is optional.


I don't understand why the various subscribers to this forum who
continually argue with T i m don't just kill-file him. Arguing with
him or abusing him is pointless.


Sadly I came to the same conclusion in the end...


--
Cheers,

John.

/================================================== ===============\
| Internode Ltd - http://www.internode.co.uk |
|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
| John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk |
\================================================= ================/
  #39   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 14:04:16 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 15:36, Chris Hogg wrote:


snip

I don't understand why the various subscribers to this forum who
continually argue with T i m don't just kill-file him. Arguing with
him or abusing him is pointless.


Sadly I came to the same conclusion in the end...


And in many cases the feeling is mutual and partly for the same
reason.

Like, you generally make friends though common interests, it can be
via other people, friends of family etc but here it's generally more
because we (or those of us who have been here for some time and do /
share practical stuff) have a common interest.

However, sometimes you learn things about even your 'friends' that
changes the viewpoint to such a level that maintaining that friendship
becomes difficult. This is most likely over to be things you are
passionate about yourself and *especially* when there are innocent
victims who are suffering, whoever it may be.

Like, if you learned they were active racists, wife beaters or partook
in anything that caused unnecessary suffering to anything or one (like
fox hunting, especially when done under the banner of 'sport'), then
that might be a game changer.

In my case the unnecessary suffering is to do with animals and whilst
there are some here who are in full agreement with me to that end,
there are some (and I'm not even including the trolls here) who seem
completely un waving in their attitude to their treatment of animals,
people who previously I have held in high regard / respect, not only
for their practical / technical skills but in general as (and
obviously IMHO) 'good people'.

So maybe, just like I was with smoking in public places (especially
indoors), I am (along with millions of others around the world) ahead
of the general game and so it's also it's likely it's the same with my
attitude to animal rights. Luckily (as it was with smoking) it's
obvious I'm neither the first nor alone and listening to all the
science, something we will all be considering more and more as time
goes on (like / agree / with it or not).

But then the exact same thing happened with black rights, giving women
the vote and our attitude to people with disabilities or with
'different' views to what sex person should be allowed to marry
another. Many people would have been in denial (that they should have
such equal rights) and would therefore actively resisted or just not
supported, until it was forced on them by law or societal pressure.

Some will never change their attitudes of course and so likely take
them to their graves.

So in the light of the above, as the lockdown (hopefully) eases and
the weather (hopefully) get's better, I really should spend more time
getting on with more productive stuff. ;-)

I learned a lot about people, so thanks to all those who were willing
to engage in a real *conversation* and especially to those who
obviously have already chosen to better align their actions with their
morals.

Cheers, T i m
  #40   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 899
Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On 12/06/2021 12:50, alan_m wrote:
On 11/06/2021 14:29, williamwright wrote:
I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic
of the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.

Bill


The yoof of today have no understanding of what it's like to be elderly


Do you know how weird it feels to be the same age as old people. :-)
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is this a metalworking forum or a political forum??? KG Metalworking 13 January 26th 10 01:21 AM
27yr old GE fridge sometimes works and sometimes doesnt [email protected] Home Repair 2 August 21st 06 02:38 AM
Wall Tie Worries Andy UK diy 8 May 17th 06 10:50 PM
uPVC worries Antony UK diy 6 August 12th 04 12:21 PM
Worktop worries... Bob UK diy 23 June 2nd 04 03:33 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"